GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

My duramax currently has 285/75R16's. I was wondering if you thought 315's would appear too ballooned. I've cut back the plastic on the front to make room for the 285's, would I be needing to go further into the metal to allow a full turn that doesn't rub?

Thanks, Shawn

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
If the "315" tire is a "70" series you would be gaining 1/2" in height, but if it is a "75" series it is more like 2" taller. Hope that helps, but you know how much room you have now.Good luck!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
yea the 315/75 tire is a 35".... that is prob a little big and will look stuffed as hell on a stock truck if they fit at all and will most likely rub at full turn

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I didn't mention the lift....it's a 4" lift. Still too stuffed????

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
my guess is you should be fine in fitting them and will look fine but do you have a aftermarket rims a with a bigger backspace already?? cuz they will probably rub if your still on stock rims so I would suggest gettin new ones

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Did the 285's rub even after the lift?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't remember how close it was to rubbing (it was 3+ yrs ago), but I did shave a small part of the plastic valance to be sure it wouldn't. By the way, I did get some new Toyo MT's tonight and I got it in the 285's. They look great. Looking back I should have gotten the 6" lift, but I went with the 4"cuz I wanted to be able to get it in the garage still. :lol: But tonight, rather then switch the lift and or the tire size I decided to just go with the size I had originally and in a few more years I'll trade it in for a new truck and get the 6" with 35's. Yeahbuddy.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
you wil be happy with the Toyo MT they are a great tire... and one benefit with a 4" rather than a 6" is that your front end wont wear out as fast which will be less hassle and less costs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts