GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that the top poster each month should get some type of prize. Maybe a gift card sent to them or something. We'll come up with something.

Here is how you can see the top posters for each day, week, month and overall.
http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/misc.php?do=topposters

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
What about real posts only.. Like helping other members.. Not Saying Hi to everyone. Although that is nice to do it should not count...

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
i do agree with enkei on that one it is very nice to say hi to the newbies but you could get a few posts just from that and take the prize...but seeing the list makes me realize how much more i need to get on here

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The prize could be something simple like an award everyone gets to see under your username. Maybe do an annual prize as well for the user with the most monthly awards.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, not sure that I'd be able to monitor that level of segmentation.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
I think all posts should count.....the world is definitly lacking NICE

·
Registered
898 Posts
Terry..good one...we sure need lots of Nice in the rest of the world....even thoug hall of us
here are already Nice !~!!!!hopefully Steve or others figure out how to moderate this contest !!!

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Nice? We don't need no stinking nice in this world. Do we?

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Burn ??? Isn't that what PETA does to prove they are humane? :lol:

·
Banned
10,781 Posts
What about real posts only.. Like helping other members.. Not Saying Hi to everyone. Although that is nice to do it should not count...
This is spot-on. Some people post-farm in the games section (guess the last poster type of stuff) ... which isn't even on par or a public service like saying hi to new people is. I don't think a reward is in order for that particular behaviour...

Well, not sure that I'd be able to monitor that level of segmentation.
You really need to keep it to legit posts. Perhaps monitor posts only in certain sections of the forums ... and restrict the stuff you don't want to count to a section you don't roll into your tally. You should be able to do it by grouping. :)

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I see Surrealone's point and agree with it. I do both but regardless it is not about recognition. I enjoy the people and the comments.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
I see points from both sides. I am not as seasoned as some so I still get a haircut like Custer when certain IT things fly right over my head.
Prize or no prize, I enjoy the info and the fun gained by belonging to this site.
Personally, I think just being an active poster is good to go. But I do see threads that have many views but very very few posts.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Im not on here for prizes. I joined for information and friendships. I don't have the time to put that much time into a contest of how many posts I can make. JUST SAYIN!!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Perhaps a prize for technical posts that help other members. May be top posts that other people select as being one that helped them solve a problem.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Perhaps? Lol. Sounds like some merit for the award should be a factor.
I agree with Caddi at least in part.
Couldn't help but jabbing a southerner using such a British type word. Lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts