GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The truck will have a govenor on it. So chances are if your speedo says 100 it will cut out between 97-99.. You will be excellerating then it will feel like you hit the brakes, you slow down but if your still on the pedal it will go back up and continue until you slow down. If you're looking to go faster grab a programmer and you'll be able to raise the limiter. Just make sure your tires have a good speed rating. :great:

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am waiting for a deal on the new Hypertech for the new 2007-2008 Silverado. I believe the model number is 32004.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
It scared me the first time I hit it. It's sorta like hitting the rev limiter. However, After my court summons i don't plan on speeding any more

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I am waiting for a deal on the new Hypertech for the new 2007-2008 Silverado. I believe the model number is 32004.

I found this one on Ebay. $379.99 and free shipping.

·
Registered
533 Posts
what gets me is who's gonna drop 300+ on a piece of hardware that you would use once then it sits on the shelf ..i want to get one real bad but i'm not going to drop 300+ on something thats kinds used once unless you do a major change on the truck :)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
DON'T BUY THE HYPERTECH ON EBAY. It's 379.99 everywhere and the warranty states that it will not cover any items bought off auction sites. I went to stylintrucks.com and got it for 383.99 including insurance. Wait till they have a free shipping coupon which is pretty much all the time or your spend another 27 dollars on shipping.

·
Registered
717 Posts
govenor what that ???:lol: I remove it a long time ago ........ I have my top speed set 200 MPH......... I will never get that high but .......:lol:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just curious but have you tested it for that speed.:glasses:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I will be in a couple weeks. Right now I'm just doing normal driving conditions to get accurate MPG readings. I'll probly only do this once right now because I think my tires are only rated to about 100. I mainly did this incase i'm in a race and need that extra couple MPH :great:... Eventually I'd love to get some better speed rated tires as another set but that will have to wait for now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I see this thread is a couple of months old but I just got my truck and have a question. How do I know if my govenor has been changed without pushing it to find out, I blew past 100mph the other day like it wasn't even there so I think someone before me was tinkering....

·
Registered
994 Posts
YOu know how in car games your driving and you dont shift and it makes that wierd noise? it's like that but slower.

·
Registered
4 Posts
what exctly happens in a silverado if u have the top speed limiter that all trucks have and u try 2 go 100+
I was lucky to make it through this one. at just a tick under 130 it came apart. it punctured my bed and tore the supply fuel line in two and before I could get it shut down it smashed my magnaflow to pieces! if you want to go 100mph + please have your d shaft professionally balanced and make sure your tires can take it like mentioned above.

Clint

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was lucky to make it through this one. at just a tick under 130 it came apart. it punctured my bed and tore the supply fuel line in two and before I could get it shut down it smashed my magnaflow to pieces! if you want to go 100mph + please have your d shaft professionally balanced and make sure your tires can take it like mentioned above.

Clint

How many miles were on the truck when you messed it up like that? Curious to know bc I am wanting to top mine out. Its got almost 70k miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There were 140K miles on the truck but I had new u joints at 135K. generally the 2 piece shafts are fine as well as the steel shafts in other trucks. the 6 footer in the 2wd rclbs are weak without a hipo balance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts