GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I'm new to this site and I'm sure that this topic had already came up before and I did search alot and couldint find anything about it so I signed uP to here, I have a 2004 gmc Sierra 1500 and I need to haul some gravel and top soil for personal use to my house I am building so I was wondering if I have options for buying a dumP trailer or is my truck just too small, selling my truck isint really a option because it was Passed down from my wife's father when he passed away so I have to drive this truck untill it don't drive no more, I was hopeing to buy a trailer that is 14' with 2 x 7000 lb axles and eventually buy a real truck to tow it if anyone has any information be much appreciated. Thanks
Jason.

·
Registered
541 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
the trailer wont be an issue, how much you put in it will be. dirt is heavy, wet dirt is heavier, gravel is really heavy.

a hlaf ton with extended cab should be able to handle 7000 lbs ok, maybe more depending on your rear end gearing. one thing you can do is get a trailer with electric brakes and a brake controller. will make things much safer. someone with more knowledge then I can help you more.

Alex

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club, Jason. Do you know if your truck has the factory trailer towing package ( trans cooler, gears etc..)?

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Welcome to the GM Truck Club Jason

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
********thread moved here***********

1 - 6 of 6 Posts