GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tried to reset my tpms sensors so that I could run 55-60psi in my nittos. For some reason I couldnt get it to take. It would go through its beep on every tire thing fine, it just wouldnt reset.

So I asked my dealer today when I took it in for a locking mechanism issue. They told me they couldnt do it. Ok.... so after reading a bit, I see that it is possible but they wont do it for liability issues. I have a diablo sport tuner but I dont think it does pressure tire, just tire size.

Any recommendations boys?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cause at 35-40 they feel flat and luggy. they seem to ride much better at 55ish psi and they're max psi is 80 so its not like I'm over inflating them.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
60psi is alot of air, I think you will wear the centers out of the tires.

·
Registered
30 Posts
60psi is alot of air, I think you will wear the centers out of the tires.
I run the same in my nittos and I'm trying to find the same solution. I have efi live and they can't change the pressure neither. I'm tired of pushing that button wen I start my truck. And as for 60 being alot of air. It's what the tires made for. I run up to 110 in tractor trailer tires cause that's what they are made for at the stock setting of 40 they are flat

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got 285 Nitto's on my 2010. Tire shop put 32lbs in them. I immediately dropped to 13-14 mpg. Every time I increased the psi I saw a positive increase in fuel mileage. Like your tires, mine are rated at 80 psi. I have 75 psi in them now and it rides good, getting 16 mpg to boot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts