GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the most part I'm out on the open road. But, then I have to go into town I get horrible gas mileage.

Just curious what type of mileage people are getting, and if they are getting it in town or in the country or what. Also, are you using the A/C a lot, 4WD or maybe hauling stuff. Just curious.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I drive about 30 miles per day round trip. I get about 18 mpg, that includes traffic in the morning and evening. I drive into the heart of Arlington, Texas, about 1/2 mile from the Ballpark in Arlington where the Rangers play and near where the new Cowboys stadium is going to be built.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in the middle of NO WHERE CENTRAL.

I get pretty good mileage overall. I drive mostly county roads and FM (farm to market) roads. I get probably 19-20 overall MPG.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I found the notebook I kept during the first few tanks of gas after I got the TB. I got 18.4 MPG averaged over three tanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I live outside a fairly major city, but I live in the sticks and drive to a suburb to work. So I'm mostly highway miles. I get about 19-20 MPG I would say. That's pretty good, no complaints for now.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I've been driving in heavy traffic lately. My MPG has dropped significantly. Maybe to 16-17. Plus, it's going to wear out my brakes a lot sooner!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have to respond........I live in Los Angeles the traffic hell of america. I take the 405 to work every morning, out here people say the 405 is called that bc you only go 4 o 5 miles an hour. on that note, I drive 30 miles too round trip. I fill up on monday and I will be filling up again by saturday. I fill up when I get to a quarter tank. I consider that pretty good for my little TB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts