GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Anyone experienced a constant "growlin"groaning" noise from the front wheal area, I suspect a bad wheel bearing. Changed LH @ $700.00
noise now re-appearing.possible RH going now. Anyone having same problem ?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Sorry, I haven't heard anything on this. Just posting to bump you back up to the top.
Maybe some of our TB owners have dealt with this issue.
Good luck with it, and let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
same problem here.. yes.. it's the bearing (hub). I did the LH, now RH is going. They are costly... Make sure to get the Delco and not the jobbers... They fail quickly.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Has Anyone experienced a constant "growlin"groaning" noise from the front wheal area, I suspect a bad wheel bearing. Changed LH @ $700.00
noise now re-appearing.possible RH going now. Anyone having same problem ?
Ok I don't see the year of your truck... but stop it your scaring me. I don't want to spend $700 :eek:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Identical parts have a 'mean time between failure' MTBF rate. Have you noticed how one headlight or taillight goes out and its twin follows? Wheel bearings are pretty much the same. If one side goes out, its best to replace the other side at the same time. U-joints are the same, if the front goes, the rear isn't far behind. As far as wheel bearings, look for made in USA. There are a lot of cheap, Chinese bearings on the market. Some unscrupulous shops will cut corners and buy the cheaper part to increase their margin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts