GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
My wife has a 2003 Trailblazer and she was complaining that it wouldn't pass anyone or go 70 and that the RPM's wouldn't go over 2500. I just replaced the fuel filter and air filter after hearing that and it has the same problem. With the Trailblazer in park I mashed the throttle and it slowly got to just over 2500 RPM. If you goose the throttle it bogs down then slowly the RPM's will climb. No check engine light either. Any ideas?

Thanks
Herb

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I just sold my 2003 TB. Are you the original owner of truck? (ie. do you know the past service history?)

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Hey all,
My wife has a 2003 Trailblazer and she was complaining that it wouldn't pass anyone or go 70 and that the RPM's wouldn't go over 2500. I just replaced the fuel filter and air filter after hearing that and it has the same problem. With the Trailblazer in park I mashed the throttle and it slowly got to just over 2500 RPM. If you goose the throttle it bogs down then slowly the RPM's will climb. No check engine light either. Any ideas?

Thanks
Herb
On a 2003 I would look at something very likely as the next step -- a dirty throttle body.

This fix is about $5 to $12 - the cost of a spray bottle of throttle body cleaner. It probably will take about 30 minutes or so of your time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts