GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,959 Posts
My wife called today. Anyone have any thoughts?

She backed out of the driveway, went forward to the stop sign. Everything was fine. When it was clear, she stepped on the gas and the engine revved without going into gear and going forward. Then she took her foot on the gas (I guess) and tried it again and it started to go.

Anyone have any thoughts? It's the second time this has happened in 1 week. I've not had this happen to me when I'm driving.
I guess asking if tranny fluid is low would be a silly question?

· Registered
2,959 Posts
The Transmission fluid was fairly low. I drove it around the block and let it idle in the garage for about 10 minutes, the tranny fluid read in the middle of the "cold" zone and was nowhere near the "hot" zone of the stick.

How much fluid does this bad boy take? For tonight I'm going to add in maybe 1 qt of tranny fluid, but what's the capacity?
That is not low enough to cause that kind of grief. Thats about 1/2qt down just add little bit at a time so as not to over fill. Than let idle and retest. I'm not sure how much tranny fluid they hold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.