GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2020 GMC sierra that has camera jacks at the 7 pin hitch hookup. I have a travel trailer that i have hooked up a rear camera (used to view on a separate back up screen on top of my dash in old F150).
I would like to use this camera instead of forking out $500 for one from GM. I thought I would be able to plug camera feed from trailer (RCA Plug) into trailer camera jack at rear of truck. My first hurdle was the truck jack is not RCA but a PAL(mainly European) connector. Was able to find a RCA to PAL adapter cable. When I hook up trailer and plug in camera, screen says no camera detected. I crawled under truck to make sure wires go to truck camera jack - there is a cable to the rear camera jack but not to the interior camera jack next to it. Does anyone know how to get the camera to be detected?

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's going to be a software function, not hardware. You would have to spoof the GM camera data over the wire. But first you would have to ID what the truck software is looking for. I would be really leery of messing with that software even if you could find it.

Sounds like the best bet is just to run a separate wire and dash mount the display as you did in the F150 but make it so you can remove it when you're not pulling the travel trailer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts