GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a factory plug under dash for a Trailer Brake controller?

What I mean is where do the factory installed wires in the rear (the orange & blue wires) end up? They appear to be for Trailer Power
and Brake, but I'm not 100% certain.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
It's probably for a brake controller. They started putting them into vehicles ready for an aftermarket unit a while ago. What does it look like?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 1999 Chevy Suburban that has been wired for a trailer by a previous owner. I have a 7 wire plug mounted on the back next to the reciever and wires color coded like the manuel shows, but I don't know where the other ends of the wire are! The previous owners must not have had electric trailer brakes because I can find no place where a control was mounted.

Where are the blue and the orange wires terminated at in the front of the vehicle?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I have a 1999 Chevy Suburban that has been wired for a trailer by a previous owner. I have a 7 wire plug mounted on the back next to the reciever and wires color coded like the manuel shows, but I don't know where the other ends of the wire are! The previous owners must not have had electric trailer brakes because I can find no place where a control was mounted.

Where are the blue and the orange wires terminated at in the front of the vehicle?
If it was installed by a previous owner they could be under the dash, but if he didn’t have a trailer with brakes he may have just run them to the engine compartment and tied them off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You are right they are under the brake master cyclinder! This is a factory installed harness and it was were the diagram shows it after I found the right diagram. I can install the electric brake module now that I have found the wires.:party:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Color of backup light wiring

Does anybody know what color wire is for the backup lights for my 2007 TrailBlazer? I am trying to install a backup camera.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts