GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a small cap or weephole type thing missing on the bottom of my transmission. it was a thing piece of metal that got punched through. now my starter grinds and it wont start. any idea of what coulda cause it and what exactly that thin piece of metal is? any info would help.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I THINK what your talking about is a small cover about 1 1/2" to 2" in diameter that is made to come off so you can get to the torque converter bolts. How did it get punched through? Off-roading or did you hit something on the road? If something got up in there maybe its keeping the flywheel from turning when you hit the starter.:grrrrrr:

·
Registered
660 Posts
there is a small cap or weephole type thing missing on the bottom of my transmission. it was a thing piece of metal that got punched through. now my starter grinds and it wont start. any idea of what coulda cause it and what exactly that thin piece of metal is? any info would help.
Has your concern been addressed? Keep me updated in regards to your progress. I can also look into this for you with your VIN. Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions in the meantime. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts