GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've read that there are some problems with this. I'll get the article that I read and will post it on here for you to read. basicly, call your dealer. If it's on your 2005 then I'm not sure if that was the right year. You don't say that your 2002 TB is 4wd or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a known issue with the transfer case on previous years of the trailblazer. However, to the best of my knowledge, these issues have been fixed with the newer model years of the Trailblazer and the Envoy. If you're having problems with a newer vehicle, then I suggest that you contact your dealer ASAP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
four wheel drive quit working and switch on dash quit

My 4-wheel drive switch on the dash quit working and the lights went out on it. It first started flashing and then shifting into four wheel drive on it's own.I took it to the dealer and he had to try twice to reprogram the contral mod. I have a 2003 chevy trailblazer 4x4. The repair bill was 112.00 dollars. The thing is i have had trouble with this since it was new. every time I would tell my dealer all he would say was (bring it in when you are having a problem.) But by the time I would head to the dealer the lights would come back on and the four wheel drive would work. It finally stoping working at 60500 miles, of course out of warranty. anybody else had this problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: four wheel drive quit working and switch on dash quit

billhampton said:
My 4-wheel drive switch on the dash quit working and the lights went out on it. It first started flashing and then shifting into four wheel drive on it's own.I took it to the dealer and he had to try twice to reprogram the contral mod. I have a 2003 chevy trailblazer 4x4. The repair bill was 112.00 dollars. The thing is i have had trouble with this since it was new. every time I would tell my dealer all he would say was (bring it in when you are having a problem.) But by the time I would head to the dealer the lights would come back on and the four wheel drive would work. It finally stoping working at 60500 miles, of course out of warranty. anybody else had this problem. The dealer said he would still cover it under warranty since i was having the problem while it was under warranty but this did not happen.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Re: four wheel drive quit working and switch on dash quit

billhampton said:
My 4-wheel drive switch on the dash quit working and the lights went out on it. It first started flashing and then shifting into four wheel drive on it's own.I took it to the dealer and he had to try twice to reprogram the contral mod. I have a 2003 chevy trailblazer 4x4. The repair bill was 112.00 dollars. The thing is i have had trouble with this since it was new. every time I would tell my dealer all he would say was (bring it in when you are having a problem.) But by the time I would head to the dealer the lights would come back on and the four wheel drive would work. It finally stoping working at 60500 miles, of course out of warranty. anybody else had this problem.
Did you get anything in writing from the dealer that you were having this problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
RE: Re: four wheel drive quit working and switch on dash qui

I didn't get anything from the dealer in writing. He just kept telling me to bring in by when the problem was occuring and he said he knew that i was having trouble and even if the orginal 36000 mile warranty was out he could say that he was aware of the problem and could get if fixed later. But then i moved 250 miles from my dealer and had to get it fixed here in tenn. Anyway I'am just glad to have it fixed. I also noticed a lot of recalls that have not been taken care of on my trailblazer, so i'am calling the dealer in my area to take care of this. I checked to see if anybody else was having the same problem and not to my surprise i found some others doing the same thing.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Interesting. If you know of someone else having this type of problem, send them to this site. I'd like to get a record of as many of these little problems as possible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow am I glad that I found this forum and I am not the only one with this problem! I have an 02 GMC Envoy and it also mysteriously will shift into 4 Low for no reason whatsoever. The knob is clearly clicked into 2 High but the light blinks on 4 Low and the truck is DEFINATELY in 4 Low. I have also contacted my dealership concerning this problem (I am obviously out of warranty) and they tell me that they have never heard of this problem before. Any ideas what is causing this? I would love to get it fixed!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
yeah, I've done some looking into it. Not sure what's going on there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had that problem with my 02 Trailblazer last year and had it brought in and the dealer fixed it for saying it was a warenty recall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the opposit problem...It wont shift into 4WD if its cold out...when vehicle warms up after 2-3 miles it goes in with no problem...the light just blinks on/off and it stays in 2WD...If I turn it on the nite before when its warmed up it will stay in 4WD no matter how cold it is...Dealer said that couldnt be happening & blew me off...now its out of warranty...2002 TB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Transmission Locked in Park

My 2002 LTZ T.B. locked in park and unable to start or move the truck. Investigation revealed the shift column showed the truck to be in reverse. Had too go underneath the truck and force the linkage forward thus placing the truck into park. My mechanic found the lickage very loose and was able to tighten up the effected parts. He did say I may need new linkage and pins in future. For now working fine. I first noticed a problem when you shifted the gear shift which was very sloppy. If any one else notices the loose shifter take it in before it locks up.

Miser
2002 T.B. LTZ 4 x 4
Lighthouse Cove
Ontario, Canada

·
Registered
6 Posts
Transmission Locked in Park

miser01 said:
My 2002 LTZ T.B. locked in park and unable to start or move the truck. Investigation revealed the shift column showed the truck to be in reverse. Had too go underneath the truck and force the linkage forward thus placing the truck into park. My mechanic found the lickage very loose and was able to tighten up the effected parts. He did say I may need new linkage and pins in future. For now working fine. I first noticed a problem when you shifted the gear shift which was very sloppy. If any one else notices the loose shifter take it in before it locks up.

Miser
2002 T.B. LTZ 4 x 4
Lighthouse Cove
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for this post... This may be happening on mine... This morning, I noticed that though it started, it lurched forward a tad when it started. It also rolled forward the other day while in reverse! That may indeed be a shifter linkage issue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts