GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 91 K1500 started grinding and jerking when I hit something submerged in the snow a few years back. I thought it was damaged and I just haven't had the money to get it fixed so i never took it in. But what MrShorty says makes me have some hope. I'm going to get in my Chevy and put it in 4wheel right now. I never thought about the fact that my spare tire was smaller than my other 3 and that could be causing those problems. And yes, i had a spare tire on it for a couple years. I've not tried it since I got the correct sized tire on. I'll have to let you know how things go. Thanks MrShorty!

·
Registered
11 Posts
MrShorty, you just put a $1,000 in my pocket. Well, that's what it feels like anyway. I commented earlier about my situation: I ran into something in the snow hard enough to burst my tire and damage my rim, so I put on the spare which was a completely different size. As soon as I began driving home my 4wheel ground and jerked to the side with the small tire. I assumed it was severely damaged and haven't used 4wheel in years. Well, as soon as I read your entry I thought, "no, it couldn't be that simple." Oh, yes it could. I went out and put my truck in 4wheel for the first time in years and it ran like a champ. (of course I have since replaced my spare tire and rim with the proper size). I am so pumped. It was like I went to my truck and found $1,000 in the glove box, put there by you. 5 years ago I put that spare on and drove home in the snow in despair, but today the world is right again. Thanks MrShorty!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.