GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Silverado with 6 speed. Ever since new it has an issue with shift hunting. when going up slight grades or rather steep ones, it wants to either shift up or down like it doesn't want to make up its mind which gears to use. Its almost like it is hesitating while it is trying to determine the gear. Today I made a right hand turn and started down a hill about 25-30mph and the transmission acted like it was in neutral, as I gave it gas to speed up there was high RPM (3k) but no forward push, it was out of gear rolling and rolling and no throttle response off or on made any difference. Truck was in D so I quickly placed it in manual, and selected M1, M2, then M3, then M4-M6 and then back down to M1 and the engine was completely irresponsive. It did not down shift, upshift or any response. I placed it back in D and pressed the brake to slow down and rolled to about 10mph until I heard a slight clunk and felt a gear engage. I then gave it gas, and it continued to work changing gears till i returned home. this was very unnerving as it could have caused an accident where the truck would not move under power. anyone else have this happen?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts