GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Silverado HD 2019 Duramax 6.6, Metallic Mosaic Black Crew Cab, 6 Speed.
223 Posts
The RPO codes are on the glove box door
Ray,

You all kill us amateur’s with the abbreviation’s that you guys use. You assume that we know the same amount about vehicles as you do. I build and maintain building’s for a living and I most likely do the same thing to people when I start a conversation about my life’s work. I am just making a statement not trying to be a butt head. It does happen to me a lot on these sites.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The RPO codes are on the glove box door
Ray,

You all kill us amateur’s with the abbreviation’s that you guys use. You assume that we know the same amount about vehicles as you do. I build and maintain building’s for a living and I most likely do the same thing to people when I start a conversation about my life’s work. I am just making a statement not trying to be a butt head. It does happen to me a lot on these sites.

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
Mike your right, we take a lot of thinks for granted.

There's probably a fine line between coming across as a know it all and dumbing it down for the new guys (new to automotive).

Anyway, for those who are wondering, RPO stands for "Regular Production Orders", a combination of 3 letter/number codes that describe the options and features that are your truck

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mike your right, we take a lot of thinks for granted.

There's probably a fine line between coming across as a know it all and dumbing it down for the new guys (new to automotive).

Anyway, for those who are wondering, RPO stands for "Regular Production Orders", a combination of 3 letter/number codes that describe the options and features that are your truck
Ray, I’m 60 soon to be 61. I just never have been good at abbreviations.

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
Ray, I’m 60 soon to be 61. I just never have been good at abbreviations.
Mike I hear ya, I guess I've been exposed to abbreviations all my life, and I'm 79, I just take them for granted.
But I do try not to use uncommon abbreviations and ones that don't apply to the topic.
And there has been many times I've had to go to google to get the words for an abbreviation.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I know what you mean. I have worked for the DOD for 30 years, you would think that I would be better with them that I am.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mike I hear ya, I guess I've been exposed to abbreviations all my life, and I'm 79, I just take them for granted.
But I do try not to use uncommon abbreviations and ones that don't apply to the topic.
And there has been many times I've had to go to google to get the words for an abbreviation.
[/QUOTE)

That cold climate must be kind too you.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You’re welcome Ray,.

Reactions: RayVoy
1 - 14 of 14 Posts