GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what kind of travel traliers are being pulled by your burbs (model, weight, length, etc..)?????

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Great question!

We towed a trailer all the time I was growing up. 27' Prowler weighing upwards of 6500 lbs when fully loaded I guess. That was a lot of trailer to pull, but we did a lot of camping.

Currently, we're looking for a small pop-up trailer to tow, but we'll use our Trailblazer for that. I tow a utility trailer for work with the burban, but it's light duty up to 3500 lbs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
With the '99 K500 i tow a 1994 Innsbruck 18ft. TT ( Full up weight is 5200# incl. water,LP, food, clothes, dog, wife, me and misc. junk.....(hers)). Also a 1996 19ft. Sea-pro Classic 1900 Cuddy cabin. And for dump runs, etc., a 4x8 utility. Have pulled a 28ft. Travel trailer but it didn't feel too good. Probably 'cause it was at the weight limit.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Yeah, it's not a comfortable feeling towing something that heavy. When I moved across country 8 years ago, I towed a simple 6x12 uHaul trailer that was loaded to capacity! Let me tell you something, that's something that I don't care to do again if I can help it. We were limited to going about 55 MPH the entire trip (maybe I could hit 60 sometimes), but it requires a different type of driving for a LONG time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What were you towing with on that cross country move?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts