GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need some help I am having trouble with the left rear turn signal on my 98 K 1500. I have replaced the bulb,replaced the flasher and checked the fuses and it still does not work either as a turn signal or a hazard flasher does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks
Charlie

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I recently had the same problem with mine except it was a brake light. It turned out to be a problem in the socket. Clean the contacts real good and make sure they are all making contact the way they are supposed to.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I've had to replace myself on my 99 Savanna, Fairly cheap part to replace socket. Use solder and heat shrink tubes to replace. Don't use crimp connectors back there...Water+12V = Bad connection.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I recently had the same problem with mine except it was a brake light. It turned out to be a problem in the socket. Clean the contacts real good and make sure they are all making contact the way they are supposed to.
Common problem as they get older, the spring that makes contact with the bulb can get weak.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Electronics 101

I didn't see mention of a voltmeter to test for power. Turn on the signal and check for voltage at the socket. You can work your way back to the fuse panel and switch. btw hazard flashers usually are on the same circuit as the brake light. Are you sure your brake lights are working?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts