GM Truck Club Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Cool, I'll post more pics once I have everything up and running by Christmas time. Looks like this is going to be a good end of the year :happy:

By the way, I highly recommend JL Audio speakers to anyone.

· Registered
118 Posts
Over 1000 watts won't drain your battery. I was pulling 2000 watts in my old truck and never replaced or had battery trouble. I would recommend getingt a small 50X4 channel amp for your speakers then a bigger mono or 2 channel amp for your subs.
I have a 50X4 channel alpine v power and it does a great job on powering my speakers. I also have a 1250 watt amp to power my 10' 2500series digital design sub. One of those subs is all you need for bass in a truck

· Registered
139 Posts
Over 1000 watts won't drain your battery. I was pulling 2000 watts in my old truck and never replaced or had battery trouble. I would recommend getingt a small 50X4 channel amp for your speakers then a bigger mono or 2 channel amp for your subs.
I have a 50X4 channel alpine v power and it does a great job on powering my speakers. I also have a 1250 watt amp to power my 10' 2500series digital design sub. One of those subs is all you need for bass in a truck
Yup, since trucks are basically open, a smaller amp is needed. If we had cars with a sub in the trunk then you would need a more powerful amp. I'd say a 1500 mono amp would be more than enough. Just make sure you get the right wattage speakers to so the amp can push them properly.

On a side note, I had to buy an amp for my iPod just to push my earphones! I'm dead serious!!!!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.