GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
I have a fiberglass cover back in 2000 I paid $800 for it on my 2000GM truck.. still working still looks good.
in snow country works great. I also keep my spare tire under the locked cover..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a tri-fold tonneau cover on both of my trucks. The brand I got is American Tonneau Company. I’m very happy with them, they are well made. Both of my trucks are short bed single cabs. A buddy of mine got the same brand for his f150 extended cab and it didn’t fit quite right.

·
Registered
2014 GMC Sierra Z71
76 Posts
It really depends what you are going to do with your truck...
I have a GMC branded tonneau cover. Not sure who made it. I like it, but I took it off and set a cross body tool box instead.

Now I'm looking at getting a used Leer bed cap. I miss my big Blazers I guess. Loved being able to store tools or luggage, or camping gear without worrying someone could steal it. Then again, with a cap, it's a lot harder to haul a refrigerator or dump a load of loam or gravel, etc.

·
Registered
1999 GMC Sierra K2500
51 Posts
I got a Tyger soft tonneau. It was cheap, it looks good, and is easy to roll up with Velcro. Not sure how well it will hold up over time, I only had it for a year. So far so good.

AAC119C3-5370-48F5-8732-38C926DBDFCB.jpeg

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a bully soft tonneu cover from pepboys. Decent cover for my 06 with the 6.5’ bed. Leather roll up. Good price.

EDIT: I purchased a new (used) truck and it has a trifold encore tonno by extang. I absolutely love it, but checked pricing for a new one and it is about $1k

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm about to buy another soft tonneau from Extang. The current one has been on my truck since 07, and it is just now starting to fall apart, and that is with little maintenance or care these last 5 or so years. I just priced for my truck and it is under $300. About half what I paid in 2007.. :giggle:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am very pleased with my Truxedo Deuce. This tonneau cover is like a mix of soft roll-up and folding cover. What I like also about it is that it can be hinged open at the front part for quick access. It is not 100% waterproof but not really a big concern because the amount of water that gets in is very small.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts