GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Portland International Auto show today and was at the Chevy booth (Obviously) and was eyeing the new trucks. Somebody came up to me and i signed up for truck legends. Are any of you signed up, and if so, is it cool? Also, my main question was, after signing up, how long do they take to send you an email to fully register with your car? Like a week, or a day? It seems like an awesome program!

Thanks!
God Bless America!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, that's it! I'm officially a truck legend! They responded to my email, and boom, i put in the info and now i need to wait 6-8 weeks. What does the package include? Do they send you things after the initial kit?
Thanks!

God Bless America!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did this too. Got a package with a Hat, stickers and letter plus an offer for free tickets to the new car show in Pittsburgh PA. A member here put me on to them.
Do they send more packages or only the first one and then they are done?
Thanks for the reply!
God Bless America!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I went on their website, and updated my mileage to 200,000 on my 88 C1500. I wonder if they'll send me some more stickers, ha ha. They do have a bunch of paraphernalia for sale with a 20% membership discount.

For anyone else interested...

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I was at the Portland International Auto show today and was at the Chevy booth (Obviously) and was eyeing the new trucks. Somebody came up to me and i signed up for truck legends. Are any of you signed up, and if so, is it cool? Also, my main question was, after signing up, how long do they take to send you an email to fully register with your car? Like a week, or a day? It seems like an awesome program!

Thanks!
God Bless America!!
I been a member for 3 years now. Yeah it's a great GM program. They want to know and support any of us out here who have and continue to use, operate and preserve Chevrolet trucks. It's a important thing that General Motors is raising it's truck profile so it can and does stand behind it's fleet of trucks, both new and old and it works very well in my opinion, as an example, today I had a tech out from the heating & cooling company I use, and he was no kid, but he ask about the clean black Chevy pickup in the street. I said "Yes, I own it !" and then he proceeded to comment how clean it was and how he wish he could find one.And a lot of people are really are looking at old pickups today and are looking at them (Both GM and Ford) and how they are very simple to use and own. And of course all of this is true, and I find this is happening more and more often.Why, It's my personal opinion that the Technology that is implemented today on ICE engines has gone beyond the ability of the common man to both expect, and tolerate. People today are pushed into a garage or dealership with say a 3.5 liter turbo V6 with a 160.000 miles and it threw a timing chain, and now the bill to rectify this is a bill for $3-4K dollars. WHAT ! Today's consumer will not tolerate this kind of mechanical irresponsibility! much longer, Quoting my local shop owners mindset, "These engines are "Throw-away" engines". Gee, what a glowing endorsement. And I can't agree more. No one should spend $50 to $75K for a truck and have the engine or any other major component that drops dead and it's out of warranty & time and you still have 3 years of a 6 year loan on it. That is unacceptable. And that is why people like thee and me buy and restore these old trucks that may not look or feel like new, but go out and work all day long, come home get washed and cleaned and the title is still tucked away in it's file folder. And that is "Truck Legends" all day long. I'm really surprised that Ford ignored the program and decided to just continue to persecute their customers with shoddy engineering and unrealistic prices. Having said that, GM use of their 3.6 V6 and the 4 cylinder turboed engines are going to get themselves swept up in customer anger and those customers are GONE FOREVER. They will be flocking to Toyoda, Nissin, Honda and the future China imports which will be here by 2025. Which ironically will be the tidal wave of unsold oil use due to the up and coming EV's. AT my age, I never thought I'd see the entire american automotive industry continually make bad decision after bad decision and ignore or misread their misplaced future forecasts. Very very sad !

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I been a member for 3 years now. Yeah it's a great GM program. They want to know and support any of us out here who have and continue to use, operate and preserve Chevrolet trucks. It's a important thing that General Motors is raising it's truck profile so it can and does stand behind it's fleet of trucks, both new and old and it works very well in my opinion, as an example, today I had a tech out from the heating & cooling company I use, and he was no kid, but he ask about the clean black Chevy pickup in the street. I said "Yes, I own it !" and then he proceeded to comment how clean it was and how he wish he could find one.And a lot of people are really are looking at old pickups today and are looking at them (Both GM and Ford) and how they are very simple to use and own. And of course all of this is true, and I find this is happening more and more often.Why, It's my personal opinion that the Technology that is implemented today on ICE engines has gone beyond the ability of the common man to both expect, and tolerate. People today are pushed into a garage or dealership with say a 3.5 liter turbo V6 with a 160.000 miles and it threw a timing chain, and now the bill to rectify this is a bill for $3-4K dollars. WHAT ! Today's consumer will not tolerate this kind of mechanical irresponsibility! much longer, Quoting my local shop owners mindset, "These engines are "Throw-away" engines". Gee, what a glowing endorsement. And I can't agree more. No one should spend $50 to $75K for a truck and have the engine or any other major component that drops dead and it's out of warranty & time and you still have 3 years of a 6 year loan on it. That is unacceptable. And that is why people like thee and me buy and restore these old trucks that may not look or feel like new, but go out and work all day long, come home get washed and cleaned and the title is still tucked away in it's file folder. And that is "Truck Legends" all day long. I'm really surprised that Ford ignored the program and decided to just continue to persecute their customers with shoddy engineering and unrealistic prices. Having said that, GM use of their 3.6 V6 and the 4 cylinder turboed engines are going to get themselves swept up in customer anger and those customers are GONE FOREVER. They will be flocking to Toyoda, Nissin, Honda and the future China imports which will be here by 2025. Which ironically will be the tidal wave of unsold oil use due to the up and coming EV's. AT my age, I never thought I'd see the entire american automotive industry continually make bad decision after bad decision and ignore or misread their misplaced future forecasts. Very very sad !
I couldn't agree more!! A family friend bought a Land Rover and drove it and after 16k it blew the head gasket!!! Its a 2018!!! WHAT?????? Our suburban has 180k and has never been to the mechanic for anything!! We do our own everything on it. The only "major" thing that's happened (wasn't major really) was warping the rear rotors because of slamming on the brakes in order to avoid hitting someone. And we fixed it for under 100 dollars. Not anymore!!! They don't make them like they used to! Hopefully GM can continue to uphold its reputation for reliability and easy and cheap maintenance!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bam!! my membership kit came, and now i have stickers on all the trucks and a sweet hat!! I did have one question though, do they send you stuff after the original kit?
Thanks
God Bless America!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts