GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a pic of my truck, its a 2008 silverado texas edition, i have the 5.3 in it with a borla exhaust and 22" incubus rims. I bought a k&n air charger 63 and street scene billet grille but i havent had a chance to install them yet. There is still more i want to do to this truck just need more time. Feed back would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
It looks really nice and has that clean look to it with those rims. The billet grill will look good too, it changed the look on mine. How is the 5.3 V8; any performance numbers?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
nice lookin truck..... what comes with the Texas edition? is it just a trim?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Very nice looking truck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks really nice and has that clean look to it with those rims. The billet grill will look good too, it changed the look on mine. How is the 5.3 V8; any performance numbers?
Thanks man, the 5.3 has good power and the mileage is pretty good the only thing is i put the tuned exhaust on it so you can really hear the engine and the 5.3 has the active fuel management so it shuts down to 4 cylinders on occasion and it sounds kindof wierd. Its all good though i wouldnt trade it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, the texas edition comes with a locking diferential, trailer package, the 5.3 and 20"rims which i traded out already

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Great looking truck. I have the same color with a street scene billet grille so if you want to see what it looks like installed just check some of my older posts. Please let me know how the 63 series works out for ya cause that's my next purchase.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really cant tell you any permance numbers i bought it at christmas, tricked it out alittle then i had to leave town 2 weeks later because im working in the middle east, this july i will be home and then i will know some numbers, im thinking will probably be close to 350 horse once i add the intake

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks, i saw yours too very nice, i wish i could tell you how the 63 works but im 7 thousand miles away from my truck now, wont be till summer time before i can tell

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
You'll never guess where the Texas edition is built...

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada ya you got it. J.D. Powers awards for being the best damn Assembly plant in North America (Ok thats a stretch) but nonetheless a awesome truck :great:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
wow thats a sweet truck! I hate being away from my old trucks for a week, I can't imagine 7 months!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nice lookin truck :great: those 22's are sweet. Need to lower the stance a little to tuck them into the fenders a bit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks, it took me a minute to figure out which ones to get i think i made a good choice. As far as lowering it i was planning to drop the ass end down to level it out im not sure if i want to lower it any more than that though, i dont want to destroy the integrity of the truck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts