GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum. Here's my issue with my 2005 Yukon XL Denali. After reinstalling my battery I start the truck and suddenly I have a abs light a battery light my radio does not work gauges on dash non working except rpm and speedo and drivers door only driver window works and drivers mirror rest of switches do nothing including non working key pod. All these items worked fine prior to battery reinstall. Battery has full charge. Anyone have any insights I'm clueless at the moment. Thank in advance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Try taking off the negative battery cable for about 60 seconds to reset the ECM...and then hook it back up. I have a parasitic drain on my 03 and if the batt gets too low and I try to start it, it may start but I will have the problems u have till I rest the ECM again.

·
Registered
16,397 Posts
A current draw won't cause the problems you were having, I'm not saying you don't have an unwanted draw, just saying a draw won't cause it.

You just had modules that were out of sync, it happens sometimes when the battery gets disconnected. The usual fix, as @8.1XL said, is a disconnect, reconnect (sometimes more than one). I would say, your's managed to get things back in sync by itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try taking off the negative battery cable for about 60 seconds to reset the ECM...and then hook it back up. I have a parasitic drain on my 03 and if the batt gets too low and I try to start it, it may start but I will have the problems u have till I rest the ECM again.
My 2005 Yukon doing same crazy stuff . I ended up taking pos. And neg. Off battery. Waited 30 min then touched the two together hooked back up battery and restarted engine . Everything been fine since. Hell of a lot cheaper than bringing to dealership to reset bcm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts