GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I'm at work and can't verify this but I can remember having a similar problem with my trailer when the lights on one side were not working. I went as far as changing bulbs and then discovered that under the hood in the fuse box there are left and right trailer fuses. I found that the left trailer fuse was blown and that was causing the prob. This was on my wife's 2001 Suburban so check it out. After that I started making sure the vehicle was not running when I plugged in the trailer lights because I feel the DTR lights being on caused the fuse to blow because of the arcing.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Thank you, I will check out the fuses as soon as I can. I have a 2004 silverado 1500 and didnt even know that there were fuses that were connected to the trailer lights from the truck. The problem is definetly on the truck side I took a voltage meter to the truck plug and this is when I realized I had no power from the truck to the trailer when I make a right turn. Thanks everyone I will keep you posted. :happy:
I should have said that before but through proccess of elimination, I also found no power at the truck plug for the left lights so I checked the fuse box diagram under the hood and found trailer fuses there. Hope it works!:great:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Well the problem was a blown fuse just like dwill3015 suggested. The fuse ia located in the fuse box inside the truck in the dashboard next to the driver door. Thank you for helping me :whip: the problem.
Glad it worked out to be a simple fix. I could not remember which fuse box it was in but knowing the one under the hood had more, I guessed that one. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts