GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hooked up a trailer to my truck and realized that the right turn signal on the trailer was not working. I checked the wires on the back of my truck were you hook the trailer wires next to my truck hitch and noticed that the wire that controls the right turn signal does not work on my truck. Does anyone know were this wire comes from and how can I fix it? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm at work and can't verify this but I can remember having a similar problem with my trailer when the lights on one side were not working. I went as far as changing bulbs and then discovered that under the hood in the fuse box there are left and right trailer fuses. I found that the left trailer fuse was blown and that was causing the prob. This was on my wife's 2001 Suburban so check it out. After that I started making sure the vehicle was not running when I plugged in the trailer lights because I feel the DTR lights being on caused the fuse to blow because of the arcing.
Thank you, I will check out the fuses as soon as I can. I have a 2004 silverado 1500 and didnt even know that there were fuses that were connected to the trailer lights from the truck. The problem is definetly on the truck side I took a voltage meter to the truck plug and this is when I realized I had no power from the truck to the trailer when I make a right turn. Thanks everyone I will keep you posted. :happy:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the problem was a blown fuse just like dwill3015 suggested. The fuse ia located in the fuse box inside the truck in the dashboard next to the driver door. Thank you for helping me :whip: the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts