GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys heres the deal ive got a 2010 red chevy silverado extended cab 4x4. I am planing to get about a 3 or 4 inch lift and need some help. Ive got the 17 inch wheels that came with the truck and needs to know if i need to get bigger size. because im planning on getting about 33inch tires and dont know what i need i know diffrent size wheels look better but im on a low budget. so plz help me out. oh and also what kinda price would it be for some one to put all of this on thanks!!!

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Welcome to GMTC!

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
welcome to the club!!! labor is all going to depend one what a shop wants, that youll have to talk to specific shops and see what they would charge

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Welcome!....

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club. Skyjacker has a nice, easy to install 3" lift kit for your truck. Check out there website, they have a white 2010 truck with the 3" kit and wheels and tires.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Welcome to the Club!! If you're going to get a lift first and you decide on a 4", then you can run the same set up as I do (see my signature below). Also, if you go with a Rancho 4" lift, you can still use your stock rims, which is great if you can't spend all that money at once.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank guys! And by the way your truck looks sweet mfleetwood. Also i was thinking about getting the rough country 4.75 so i can run 33s. i have 17 inch rims also on mine and it said it recommended 33 inch tires. Do u get any rubbing on those tires?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I'd stay away from the RoughCountry lift kit. RC has had to many quality and engineering issues in the past. Go with the Rancho or Skyjacker kit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you know how much a rancho 4 inch lift would be?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
You need to shop around for Rancho prices. Its going to be alot more than the RoughCountry, but its alot better kit. Most people that say they see nothing wrong with the RoughCountry kit never had a Rancho or Skyjacker. Like I said shop around because alot depends on what part of the country you live. ajarman and mfleetwood both have the Rancho kits and I believe they both have purchased in the past year so maybe they can help you with the price. Where ever you buy it from make sure you get a price quote to your door including shipping, handling, any packing cost etc... Get the complete cost.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
thank guys! And by the way your truck looks sweet mfleetwood. Also i was thinking about getting the rough country 4.75 so i can run 33s. i have 17 inch rims also on mine and it said it recommended 33 inch tires. Do u get any rubbing on those tires?
I'm not sure about rc but with my rancho, my tires are a little over 34s and they do not rub. And thanks for the comment about my truck!

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

You need to shop around for Rancho prices. Its going to be alot more than the RoughCountry, but its alot better kit. Most people that say they see nothing wrong with the RoughCountry kit never had a Rancho or Skyjacker. Like I said shop around because alot depends on what part of the country you live. ajarman and mfleetwood both have the Rancho kits and I believe they both have purchased in the past year so maybe they can help you with the price. Where ever you buy it from make sure you get a price quote to your door including shipping, handling, any packing cost etc... Get the complete cost.
Currently, Rancho has a $500 rebate if you buy the kit with their best shocks though any supplier/retailer. I picked mine up off of Amazon and the kit was around $1200 and the shocks were about $500 for all four (free shipping). Once I received the rebate, which did take a couple of months, my kit and shocks ended costing me about $1200.

PS......If you are serious about getting a Rancho, YOU BETTER ACT QUICKLY AS THE PROMO ENDS AUGUST 31ST!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok thanks for the info i will ask my local shop who does all my work and see what they say about it. I try and post pics on here and see what yall thank.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Welcome aboard. I will let you know I have 18" wheels with 35's on a 3" lift and I do have a little rubbing on some turns. 33's would probably fit a little better!! Good luck with the mods!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks red z71 max yours looks a lot similar to mine im getting alot of the same details on mine. hope it turns out good as that

1 - 15 of 15 Posts