GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 97 Chevy S10 real cheap. Guy said tranny was out as it didn't have 3rd or fourth gear.i asked if he changed the filter and fluid and he looked at me with a retarded look, like what was that lol lol so jumped on it, cuz I like a challenge. He tells me his son had put a remote start in it. I'm thinking lazy ass. Can't go start your vehicle in morning but ok, cool. Needless to say, I'm figuring out here didn't know a damn thing when he installed it and I'm 99 percent sure that that's the shifting problem. He cut some wires he shouldn't have... I'm in the process of going thru the dash and ip harness... If anyone has any advice on getting to them easier, I'm all ears, but right above the brake switch I have 5 cut dangling wires (I forgot to mention, in a huge fury one hot summer day, I yanked that electric start and threw it as far as I could into the woods) now I'm left with 3 purple wires and 2 brown ones... Not sure where they go. Then also behind the glove box there was a white wire I followed down back almost to the IP distribution box, where the other end had been cut... I'll try and attach a few pics in order as I spoke about them. I have purchased the alldatadiy on this vehicle and have studied it religiously... Be nice if they had in there the circuits. I need to follow circuit 17 I believe. Any help is appreciated in advance. Any ride comments (yes I'm a female gear head, don't like, come find me and we can chat, be my damn pleasure)

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts