GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOme of you may have read my first post about having just purchased a 1991 2500 'Burb. So far so good. I'm enjoying the big ol' thing, but I need to do some stuff to it to get it tip top.

So, my question...the 454 with TBI, other than the AC Delco recommended plugs, wires, etc. what are some other options? I would like to increase my performace, but obviously not pro-street level. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
K&N filter and a catback exhaust with magnaflows would be a good start. Under $400 to free up the breathing of that big block.

·
Registered
561 Posts
this is the plugs and wires and cp i used.

i add a K&N drop in stock replacement filter or other cotton filter.
get her to breath alittle better better flow mufflers and a set of Doug Throley tri-Y headers.
a Trans go dash 2 shift kit if auto. a bigger tranny cooler. electric fan (Ford Tarus) change all fluid. run Sea Foam in the gas tank(s) and a can in the vac booster line and clean the top end. this was good for my 75 454 3/4 ton truck and she was getting 19MPG all around and was fun to drive...mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Top end cleaning

I'mnot sure how to go about cleaning the top end? I have read that using Sea Foam, having it drawn into the engine though one of the vacuumlines would clean my valves, lifters and such. Is this what you're referring to?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts