GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the ABS brake system on a 2002 trailblazer LTZ with 80,000 miles. The service brake light comes on about 80% of the time. I have also had some other minor problems with the electronics. The dealer wanted to start by replacing a $1,000 component. I have driven many miles without ABS so I think I can get by just fine without it. My experience with these type of systems is if they are not built right the first time, they are a money pit to fix. I will probably trade it for a new GMC Terrain, depending on how many more problems I have with the Trailblazer. Also I keep getting a service the OnStarr message, how do I disable this?

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
You also could have a bad wheel hub or the sensors may just need to be cleaned off. But the dealers first reaction is usually to replace the ABS manifold since that was a weak point on GM trucks. So if you can find an independent shop that can read ABS codes (call around) they will be able to give you the code and usually a bit of insight as to what is wrong or what to trouble shoot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I am going to have the system flushed, if that does not fix the problem, then I am just going to live with the problem. I have spent all time I am going to on this problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts