GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a suggestion for a better sounding muffler for my 2019 Canyon V6 4x4. Not interested in replacing entire system. Also what is best option for low restriction engine air filter or air flow box.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13,320 Posts
Go to the GM accessories site, I'd use the ones they suggest.

You don't have to buy from GM, just use the ones they peddle

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I usually dont recommend these because they dont flow as well as some other mufflers, but flow masters work well on a V-6. They give a good sound, and up performance over the OE mufflers. Any performance muffler that you can see straight threw (like some magnaflow, and old school glass packs) will out perform a muffler that has chambers, and or baffles, like flow masters. That being said, flow masters are built to sound good, and may sound better on a V-6. As for air box, Im not sure on your truck, but I know on older full size trucks, the air box is way bigger than what id needed. On those trucks, all you need to do is replace the air filter with a high flow filter, like K&N or even spectra. Look at the throttle body, then compare that to how big the supply piping is. Also look at where the supply piping runs. Again on older trucks, the supply piping goes into the fender, and is feed in by a duct that is just under the passengers headlight. This is cold air. A K&N air system is a wast of time on these trucks, and the OE system actually provides a better source of cold air. All of the other systems like K&N ECT, replace the OE air box and pull there supply from under the hood. This is not cold air. This air is heated by the engine. Once you pull your OE filter from the OE air box, you should be able to tell where it is supplied from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I usually dont recommend these because they dont flow as well as some other mufflers, but flow masters work well on a V-6. They give a good sound, and up performance over the OE mufflers. Any performance muffler that you can see straight threw (like some magnaflow, and old school glass packs) will out perform a muffler that has chambers, and or baffles, like flow masters. That being said, flow masters are built to sound good, and may sound better on a V-6. As for air box, Im not sure on your truck, but I know on older full size trucks, the air box is way bigger than what id needed. On those trucks, all you need to do is replace the air filter with a high flow filter, like K&N or even spectra. Look at the throttle body, then compare that to how big the supply piping is. Also look at where the supply piping runs. Again on older trucks, the supply piping goes into the fender, and is feed in by a duct that is just under the passengers headlight. This is cold air. A K&N air system is a wast of time on these trucks, and the OE system actually provides a better source of cold air. All of the other systems like K&N ECT, replace the OE air box and pull there supply from under the hood. This is not cold air. This air is heated by the engine. Once you pull your OE filter from the OE air box, you should be able to tell where it is supplied from.
Thanks for your info,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone have a suggestion for a better sounding muffler for my 2019 Canyon V6 4x4. Not interested in replacing entire system. Also what is best option for low restriction engine air filter or air flow box.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
No need to read past here unless you just want to spend money or keep up with Jones’s. Exhaust: weld in a piece of pipe to replace it. Doesn’t get any cheaper than that. Air filter: go to local thrift store and put the cheapest paper filter they offer Replace it every 30,000 miles. The End

1 - 6 of 6 Posts