GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been searching around havent found answeres on these questions. i know the truck needs shocks the previous owner said he has never had them replaced. i have a few questions. im looking to either buy leveling keys or crank torsion bars up here when the weather gets better. i dont know what i want to do yet.....

1 seeings how i could use new shocks should i go a head and buy +2 shocks or stick with stock height since i want to level it?

2 this may be a dumb question, do i run +2 in the front and stock in the rear or do i do +2 all around? i dont plan on touching the rear other than new shocks

what im pretty much asking is what would be the best option to go to get the best ride, i understand i will loose some of my ride leveling it out. what i had in mind was zone lift keys and rancho +2 shocks or just crank up stock keys and run +2 shocks, but alot say to buy the keys better ride.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Using the keys help keep a softer ride, unlike cranking the torson bars which stiffens the ride. Make sure the keys you buy aren't made in China, buy forged keys. The Rancho shocks is a good idea also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can i just crank by stock keys up and run a +2 shock and receive the same ride as buying new keys? because it wouldnt make a difference if i buy new keys or tighten my stock keys, its going to have the same amount of load on the front either way right?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd suggest the rough country's leveling kit that comes with the keys, shocks, and rear block. I had it on my old truck and really liked it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i figured out what im looking at here, i hear rough country shocks gets a bad reveiw, so im going to build my own kit, zoneoffroad keys, 3 inch block and then go with rancho +2 shocks. but thats just a thought right now.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
That sounds like a good combo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts