GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2005 5.3l with the L33, it has 64k and i have lifted it and for performance upgrades it has a cold air intake and a 3 inch mbrp exhaust with a diablo tune. Now I want to do more mods but I want to keep it safe bc its literally in mint condition and I dont want to ruin it. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
What size tires are you running? Have you changed the differential gears? A tall tire, needs a low gear. 410, 456, 488 depending on tire size. Front and rear end gearing has to match. There is a ton of other stuff you can do, like cam, heads, a dyno tune, but all of that is wasted without the proper gearing.

Reactions: RayVoy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What size tires are you running? Have you changed the differential gears? A tall tire, needs a low gear. 410, 456, 488 depending on tire size. Front and rear end gearing has to match. There is a ton of other stuff you can do, like cam, heads, a dyno tune, but all of that is wasted without the proper gearing.
I am running a bds 4.5 lift and 20x10 rims and 33x12.5 lift.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Yea, you need to figure out what your gear ratio is. If your running 373s, you need in the 4 range. Maybe 456 or something like that. Your gear ratio if original, is in the RPO codes on the inside of the glove box lid. If not, you can figuere it out by jacking up the truck, blocking off one wheel, and counting the turns of the drive shaft.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, you need to figure out what your gear ratio is. If your running 373s, you need in the 4 range. Maybe 456 or something like that. Your gear ratio if original, is in the RPO codes on the inside of the glove box lid. If not, you can figuere it out by jacking up the truck, blocking off one wheel, and counting the turns of the drive shaft.
So funny thing. I still have the original window sticker, it actually came with 4.10 in the rear axle🤣. It also came with the HD towing package. So now it should solid right? Just build the transmission and so forth?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts