GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO i was driving to work listening to my iphones music (which is plugged into the USB port thats in the center consol) and it just cut out in the middle of my songs. i unpluged and reconnected/turned off truck and turned back on to try again and nothing. i was hoping it was just the cable but i tested that at work and it wasnt. Im about to check the fuses.

Has anyone else had this problem?

if its not the Fuse any other ideas of what it might be?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

ok so i went to the truck to give it another try, then check the fuses.. but it was working again!?!?

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
660 Posts
I am glad to see that the issue has resolved itself. If this happens in the furture I would recommend contacting your local dealership. They should be able to assist you further. Please feel free to keep me informed if the situation returns. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My USB port also suddenly cut out. It happened yesterday and I have made many stops since, but it has not started working again. I checked the cord and iPod on my computer and it works fine. My 2011 Silverado 2500HD LTZ still will not read it though. Which fuse should I check, if any? Everything else seems to work fine. What could cause this to simply stop working? Connection in the console or on the radio?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is still under the bumper-to-bumper warranty, but I have not taken it in. I am pretty technically inclined and if it is an easy fix, it would save me a great deal of time to fix it myself. I bought my truck used 2 hours from where I live and don't believe the local dealership will give me a courtesy vehicle to get on with my day.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I've had my USB port stop working from time to time on my Ipod, for some reason it stops recognizing the Ipod.
On my wifes HHR we use the same Ipod but with a different connector and I've never had the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SO i was driving to work listening to my iphones music (which is plugged into the USB port thats in the center consol) and it just cut out in the middle of my songs. i unpluged and reconnected/turned off truck and turned back on to try again and nothing. i was hoping it was just the cable but i tested that at work and it wasnt. Im about to check the fuses.

Has anyone else had this problem?

if its not the Fuse any other ideas of what it might be?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

ok so i went to the truck to give it another try, then check the fuses.. but it was working again!?!?

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?
The USB port in the center console of my 2011 Silverado glitches a lot like it switches in and out of the radio and USB port for music and I’m wondering if anyone knows if it’s the port or the wiring harness or anyway to fix this

1 - 7 of 7 Posts