GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow GM Truckers, I just installed a JVC head unit in my truck and was wondering if anyone knows if I can use my factory XM Satillite reciever with the new head unit. The place I bought the new unit says I have to buy a universal XM reciever and a JVC specific cable so my new head unit will access my XM account. I also want to use the factory antena. I'm hoping to avoid the extra antena and cost. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

·
Registered
249 Posts
It depends on what kind of truck you have. I upgraded my factory cd player to a Kenwood double din DVD/Navi deck. I did buy the xm receiver because I needed it but I used my factory antenna. I found access to the antenna behind my glovebox, it was a silver box with a wire going to it. I pulled the wire out and put the new XM receiver to that silver box. From there it goes to the antenna, this way I didnt have to add that cheesy magnet antenna as well. I have a 2008 Silverado, I would assume that they haven't changed the location of the antenna box depending on your year of truck. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts