GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright if you have noticed i also put a small thread up about the use of the reputation system here on the site. Or the lack of use.
I am right now just trying to let the senior members of the site know that it is important to use the reputation, especially when the information was helpful and also could be used for future use and be of help then as well.
This will help others who come to the site ID what information they may find useful. Also it will let the member who gave the information know that they did help the person since there are quite a few threads started here on the site and it seems that the poster never comes back to the site!
so just asking if you all can help to spread the word that would be great!

thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Thanks Mike. I use it as much as I can. I noticed that it won't let me give rep pts to the same member who may have helped me on different issues.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah they want you to spread the wealth, and it keeps members who may be buddies from giving each other rep points just because. but we are hoping to increase the overall active members here on the site and as that happens we will be able to use it more and more.

Thanks all for your cooperation as well, since steve has said it before but the members of a site are what make the site!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Mike, X2 on Als point. What is the "magic number" where you can give the same poster another rep point? It's gotta be somewhere over 25 or 30 lol? The number's so freakin high I lost count.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Just curious...I know reputation points are no longer given but was wondering if we could still compliment a member on a nice/good post using the star? I see it is still there and it let's me enter a message but am not sure if the messages are going through. Lot's of good and helpful responses out here and I like this mechanism for letting people know when they've been especially helpful or kind. Is this still functioning?

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just curious...I know reputation points are no longer given but was wondering if we could still compliment a member on a nice/good post using the star? I see it is still there and it let's me enter a message but am not sure if the messages are going through. Lot's of good and helpful responses out here and I like this mechanism for letting people know when they've been especially helpful or kind. Is this still functioning?
You can still give reputation, it is the sheriffs symbol at the bottom of the post. and yes the message gets thru, if you go to your settings page it will show you your latest reputation and a short message from the person who gave it to you. though the person giving you the rep points is kept annonymous.

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

Also when you give someone rep points it comes up in their notifications when they sign in.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
You can still give reputation, it is the sheriffs symbol at the bottom of the post. and yes the message gets thru, if you go to your settings page it will show you your latest reputation and a short message from the person who gave it to you. though the person giving you the rep points is kept annonymous.

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

Also when you give someone rep points it comes up in their notifications when they sign in.
Thanks Mike...yeah, it was mainly the second part of your response I was looking for. I'm glad the reputation notes are getting through. Glad this feature is still around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts