GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have seen several different engine vanity covers being produced for the late model Chevy's GMC's and Cadillacs, one in particular seems like it would fit my 04 silverado. it appears to be the engine cover from an 09 or 2010 silverado or maybe a 2007/2008. The engine compartment appears to be exactly the same, as far as component placement and configuration as well as layout and size:

Desired vanity cover:

Current look:

does anyone know if these will bolt right on to older engines? this is purely a cosmetic desire and although i do not really care for the simple oval shaped vanity cover that is currently on my engine, having one that is a little larger like in the above pic, that covers a little more space, would be a happy medium to function and form, the current cover is much to small to be useful and the one in the picture appears to be the same oval cover in the middle with some extra plastics covering the left and right sides of the engine.

has anyone done this? and also, does anyone know if it would fit right on or whether modification is necessary?

Any insight is much appreciated,
Bowtied.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've seen some cool looking coil covers. Holly makes a set that looks like a big block chevy. 99heartbeat has a set of chrome covers on his. Not sure if the full covers would fit. I think the intake manifold is lower on the cars, so there could be some fitment issues between a Camaro or a Vette cover and the truck engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts