GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about a cover for my 98 K1500 ext cab. Wondering if its really worth the $$$ to save gas. Or just look good. Help my out before I spend $400-$800. Thanks

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Keep your money if you are just looking for Fuel Economy. Other than the usual stuff like tune up, keeping tires properly inflated you wont get enough of a difference in the milage mabey and that is a BIG mabey .25mpg i saw no difference with the hard cover or the soft cover on my 2006 Silvy.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
If your main reason is to get better fuel economy, I absolutely agree with Murdog. I read a number of articles and have never heard of a truck bed cover (or removing the tailgate) really increasing MPGs. Beyond looking good, covers are also functional, as I use mine to hide and protect (even from weather elements) whatever I am carrying in my bed....it is this functionality that was my main reason for purchasing...MPGs were never a consideration.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I do like the looks. But have to choose for mpg first then I'll be getting more toys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts