GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody on this site have them? If so are you pleased or did they end up being pointless. As I said in a few other posts I'd like to take my truck to some truck shows with friends so anything I could do to give my truck an edge would be nice.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Send user jeffro2004 a message, he has vertical doors on his truck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thank you.

·
Registered
902 Posts
dont do it! i have never seen a set that didnt destroy the doors and rocker panels.....no matter how much it cost or who makes the kit, they always but everything up and it only takes a slight breeze to bend the hinges

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I saw a guy with a Tahoe who had them done on all 4 doors, and they looked good. He also had 22's and although they looked sharp he said they rode real harsh. What about shaving the door handles?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's just an idea I'm throwing up in the air, I ordered a black rivet mesh grille, black bowtie, and chrome handles (just the actual handle part) so I'm going to see what all that looks like and I might just leave the exterior alone after this.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
dont do it! i have never seen a set that didnt destroy the doors and rocker panels.....no matter how much it cost or who makes the kit, they always but everything up and it only takes a slight breeze to bend the hinges
I dont recommend them either for a daily driver, although while I was in California I did see one shop who had good luck with the kit they used....

http://www.verticalrides.com/product/GT-Factory-180-Degree-Suicide-Door-Kit/Default.aspx

But as clgoch187 mentioned 99% of the guys with Lambo doors who use it as a daily driver end up hating it. Either they dont open smooth, damage fenders when they come unaligned etc...

Shaved doors are a pain too .... if the door popper malfunctions you are locked out of your truck...if you dont have a second battery and your battery dies your locked out....if your remote is lost or fails your locked out..

You get the idea.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I drive it alot so who knows what I'll do. I just went to the "how to" section and found some pretty awesome projects I think I would like to work on.

·
Registered
902 Posts
i had door poppers on my old probe and loved em, you gotta be smart when you install it. i put my battery in the truck (which could always be opened with a key) and put my relays in my glove box instead of inside the doors so i didnt have to tear my doors down when they died. and a hide a key is a must on anything with shaved handles.

on a truck like yours id suggest making a hood release you can get to from under the bumper and running a 6 channel set up so you can use your remote to run the windows up and down in case a relay goes

·
Registered
2,460 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahaha that's pretty funny

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
LOL! I specifically opened this thread to post the same thing. I agree, though. They do look cool from time to time. I just don't know (personally) how I would like them on a lifted truck. Nonetheless, if you dig the look, give it a go and make sure to let us know how it turns out.

To the OP, Nice truck, by the way.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Those doors are played out in my opinion. If you were to shave your doors just make sure you use a good quality kit, and put a release cable or manual button somewhere on the truck that you can get to if it messes up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts