GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here is the short version. I open my passenger door to my 2006 Chevy Tahoe LT, wind gusts up, blows the door too far forward and now I have over $1200 in damage. That is to get the front fender and door fixed. My question is, I have been told there are 2 seperate sets of hinges for the door. Is this really the case, and if the hinges are bent, are they something that can be replaced as they appear to be welded in?
Looking forward to these comments.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I had this happen to me a couple of years ago. Except mine was a lady who's car did this and it flew open into my Trailblazer causing a piece of paint the size of my pinky nail to come off. I said she could give me $25 and she said no and walked off. I had to flag down a cop and we had to swap insurance info...they ended up paying me like $350 for it. Sigh.

Anyhow, sorry about your Tahoe. Did it bend them all the way back or did they snap off? I've seen both happen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is still on. I will post a picture. Just hard to believe that there isnt something in there to prevent it from going that far. Oh well, lesson learned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts