GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Silverado HD 2019 Duramax 6.6, Black Crew Cab, 6 Speed.
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a vin decoder for a newer diesel truck, 6.6 Duramax 2019. I am really interested in the color of the truck. The truck is black but it seems to be metallic black, any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15,490 Posts
You don't need a VIN decoder, you have one in your phone
For years GM listed all the build codes on a label that was stuck to the glovebox door.
But, I think on yours, they switched to an internet label
Get an app that will read QR codes, and shoot the code on your truck, I think it's on the drivers door jam.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't need a VIN decoder, you have one in your phone
For years GM listed all the build codes on a label that was stuck to the glovebox door.
But, I think on yours, they switched to an internet label
Get an app that will read QR codes, and shoot the code on your truck, I think it's on the drivers door jam.
You’re correct it’s on the door jamb driver side. I see if I can find an app to read QR codes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You’re correct it’s on the door jamb driver side. I see if I can find an app to read QR codes.
That didn’t work so well for m. I downloaded an app that only reads QR codes on vehicles up to 2018. 😀

·
Registered
15,490 Posts
A QR code is a QR code, GM used them on the Volt when it came out and used it on the trucks in 2018.
There shouldn't be any difference between a 2018 code and a 2019 code, as far as I know.

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
1,280 Posts
Unless it's a GM-specific QR code, shouldn't it just take you to a website?

·
Registered
15,490 Posts
I've never used it.
I expect the VIN and the GM URL are embedded, reading the code should take you to a GM website. With the website and the VIN all build codes should be available.

That's the way I see it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Email [email protected]

Ask them for a build sheet, give them the year and vin of your vehicle. They will email it back to you for free with everything already decoded for you.

Anyways just below that QR code you should see the color code.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It did take me to a website for vehicles there was not any choices past 2018 though.
Email [email protected]

Ask them for a build sheet, give them the year and vin of your vehicle. They will email it back to you for free with everything already decoded for you.

Anyways just below that QR code you should see the color code.
Thanks Furious I’ll send them an emaI.
View attachment 169600

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I contacted them and they replied. I sent them the vin and I am waiting for my build sheet for the truck.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I contacted them and they replied. I sent them the vin and I am waiting for my build sheet for the truck.
Should be sent back within 24 hours. I emailed them later at night and got it in the morning when it came to my truck which is an S10.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Should be sent back within 24 hours. I emailed them later at night and got it in the morning when it came to my truck which is an S10.
I got it the next day also. I saved the website for future us.

Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
To everyone on this thread I highly recommend the link below to get a build sheet for your GM vehicle. I have received two, each time with in a day or two of sending them the VIN number.
[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts