GM Truck Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the NY auto show and the seats in the Saturn XR on display were fantastic - nice leather, soft seats, almost like a pillow-top. But when I went to the dealer yesterday, the only options were cloth (miserable), leather but not very comfortable - pretty stiff overall and not soft at all, and the Red Line leather/suede (comfy but only because they are a bucket seat - not very soft). Is it possible that the exhibitor customized the seats for the display model? My wife and I were very disappointed when we tried out the cars at the dealer because we loved the car otherwise.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I drove and wrote a review on the 2008 Saturn Vue and foumd the seats to my liking. I didn't drive a Vue with leather though.

Car companies (all of them) take well-tested and flaw-free vehicles to these shows with all of the bells and whistles on them. I'd be surprised they did did something that was non available, unless they said it was a concept seating design...which would be unusual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve. Yeah, I was surprised when we got to the dealer and saw that those seats from the auto show weren't available. The car that we sat in at the show was not the fancy new one behind ropes (the two-mode hybrid) so I doubt it was a concept thing. It was there for everyone to try out. Unfortunately, I didn't think to ask about it while we were there. I figured those were the fancy seats available as an option but now ... I just don't know. The guy behind the Saturn desk at the auto show just sent me a brochure for the vue but he didn't put his name or any contact info on there so I can't reach out to him. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Could possibly be a case similar to juxtaposition or anachronism too. You were walking around and maybe were tired and sat down in the seats that were extra comfy, because you were extra tired. I dunno, just a guess. :neutral:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.