GM Truck Club Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
You have a 5.3 mine is a 4.8 so yours aught to be a lot more powerful.

i cant wait to try it out to see what its like now the power might not match mine or my cousins cobalt ss/sc but im going to give it a run against his to see what it dow with this programmer when i get it

Discussion starter · #23 ·
I have been getting on this truck pretty hard and my gas mileage has went from 19.66 mpg to 21.49 per mpg. I cant believe it finally a product that does what they say. Hopefully it continues to work well.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
just got off the phone with jesse today and the said the tow haul azz was the fastest tune that I have so I am going to up load it today and see what it does. More review to come.

Danget, they don't make the tuner for my 96 suburban. they only do the pcm reprogramming which I was trying to avoid because it would be really nice to just have it on a tuner to switch back and forth if needed to. The tune shouldn't raise my octane level over 87 right? Did they keep your octane level at 87 with those tunes?

Discussion starter · #26 ·
if that is what you want him to do that is what he will do I run 93 in my truck but i have a 87 tune also.

I don't think it would be worth it for my truck to run 93 just because it is so much older.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
here is the 0-60 with the tow haul azz mode on. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9HgyIgNnmU"]YouTube - 0-60 tow haul ass[/ame]

Tell me what you think.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
I don't think it would be worth it for my truck to run 93 just because it is so much older.

IT wouldnt be so bad to get the pcm just ask him how much to keep your core. They are a great company and they will do what they can to make you happy.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I have used the stop watch and come up with 6.793 to 7.114 as my average in the 0-60 video that I have posted what do you think.

Just from counting I got in between 6-8, but most of the time i got 7ish. they emailed me and quoted me at $160 if i were to keep my original pcm, that is a great price even if i dont have a tuner because i can always just swap the pcms out and send the tuned one back in if i need it reprogrammed for a new performance part on the engine or a complete different tune. I am extremely tempted to order it here within the next few days. If they can change my shift points in any way, i will definitely burn my bros 08 z71 silverado, I can beat him off the line but once i start redlining the shifting tends to slack a bit and thats when he gains on me, i was surprised to even keep up with a brand new truck at all, id probably destroy him when it comes to towing though.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
I did it with a stop watch an started and stopped with out biased and then i averaged them all togather all of the videos and tow haul azz and ballsout mode and that was what I came up with

Okay you peaked my interest in this place, when I went to their website to look around it wouldn't let you click on anything to view. I want to see this tuner, does it look like a regular tuner or what? I couldn't get any info on anything they sell, then I was looking at there PTM harness upgrades and they didn't show them either. That was kind of dissapointing considering they are in the business to sell, I don't want to e-mail the guy because I have no money for that right now I just want to look at pictures. What the hell? :no:

Discussion starter · #34 ·
You can go to sct tuners website and see the tuner and what they look like. Sct sends them to wait4me completly blank and jesse puts your 3 custom tunes you choose on it. Ill take a pic on my off day and send you one.

what are all the different types of modes you can get for them

Discussion starter · #36 ·
You tell him what you want. I got the tow haul azz 93 tune, the balls out tune 93 , and 87 fuel milage tune. If you tell him that he will do them for you. Tell him what all mods you got and what all you want turned of like tq management, traction control and things of that sort. If you get what I got you will be very happy. I just spanked a charger 3.5 ho with a tune intake and exhaust last night. They are pretty dang quick. Mid 14s to high 14s car vrs 5500 pound truck.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
mine took a week

so will the tuner with the w4mp tunes on it, will it still correct for tire size and read dtc codes?? also does he do tunes for manual transmission trucks also?
The SCT hand held has 3 custom tunes on it, so it's not like a normal unit that you'd get from Hypertech where you make adjustments to the tune. In other words, if you want any adjustments made such as tire size, you'll want W4M to do that for you. Then you just load the tune you want and enjoy!

Although it does still read/clear DTC's and some even support data logging.

And I'd give them a call about the manual stuff.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.