GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a GMC 2500HD 2007 Classic body style. Just had a fiberglass shell put on with Maxxima LED red strip lights(about 15" long each side) on the to the shell to double as brake lights and extra running lights and they are mounted over the rear door. I noted as we wired them up the red lights do not flash when signal is on, only the yellow lights on truck body.

The Maxxima red lights are a 3 wire stop and tail/turn.

I am reluctant to run a wire from the yellow to the stop circuit since it is a totally different circuit. Thusly does anyone know for sure if I can run a jumper from yellow turn signal to the red stop signal and have all of them flash?

Alternately I am thinking of getting two more red strips and wiring them to be used as a run and turn light that will work with 4 way flashers and mount them up under the tail gate.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In researching this further I have found some excellent lights for run/turn. Truck-Lite 22202Y are extremely bright in the turn mode and normal in the run mode and are also available in RED. They are approx 2 1/4" X 5 3/4" and stand about 2 1/2" tall. I estimate their visibility arc to be between 190 and 200 degrees. They are permantly sealed unit with I think an estimated life of 15,000 hours. I got half a dozen of them and have two reds coming I am going to use for run/turn on the back of the truck cover. They are approximately 10.00 each with independant weather proof plug in system. They also display well in the vertical orientation and the lens is reinforced to protect them when they hit tree limbs etc. I also got a tube of the anti corrosion lube to put on the plug/recepticle.

I am really looking forward to getting these wired in on the cap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts