GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Silverado 1500 5.3 with a ram air hood and want to put a dual ram air intake on it does any body
Know where I can get one with out spending $500 or know how to make one

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. I don't know about ths dual intake for your model but I am sure someone will be along soon that can help. :glasses:

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I've seen some on old Chevy's at shows.. Which hood do you have?

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
is that a Goodhood or Cervini's? GH hoods bring the little air that enters to the air box on the left, The Cervini's is open and brings the little air right over the top of the motor I have the Cervini hood.. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Transport Chevrolet The black Av has the Goodhood his is also cracked by the prop rod

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its a cervini's hood and where did u get the screen u have I. The hood they look good

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Not home now will post better pics later But it's my old grille Got into a little fender bender a while ago and we used what was left of my factory grille..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want to give my truck more power and more show I have ram air hood cold air intake 24in wheels leveling kit
Billet grill led tail lights inside is painted to match the out side very loud dual exhaust. Coming out the sides right behinds the side steps any ideas would help and I won't lower the truck

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Vehicle Car Chevrolet Luxury vehicle Chevrolet avalanche here are some better pics of my hood. Opps sorry that pic always comes up....:gasp: Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Car Chevrolet avalanche You should make the trip down to Carlisle, Pa for the big truck show in Aug you will get Plenty of idea's..

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Whats the under side of that hood look like?

Best bet is goin to be making some rams that go from the hood to the air box thats enclosed.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's exactly what I want but can't find one for my truck and I don't know where to start to make one

·
Registered
65 Posts
Twin Ram Air :D

- - - Updated - - -

Your goin to have to get creative if you want to do the ram air from the hood. no two ways about it.

Just goin to lose some bottom end power and possible gain some top end power when you get up in the mph. But how much and is it worth it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I want to add more power to my truck so is it worth doing it I just thought having the hood it would be better to have the intake to match and what about a programmer like edge or bully dog I was told they don't do anything for gas trucks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts