GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Carter GM Burnaby is the best place to have service, I got amazing treatment.....

Sorry about your ordeal, but on the other hand there actually is a good side, I bought a used truck from a dealer Applewood Kia and was driving it for about a year, I noticed a knocking bottom end of my engine and got worried no engine lights on or any type of warnings, I happened to land on their doorstep and had you initial diagnostics and so on It was painfull but I could tell they were trying to save me money by doing step by step diagnostics. it was inexpensive and they did not ask me to replace all kinds of parts they were pretty straight up and said sounds like your bottom end is toast.

All the mechanics came out and sat to figure out the situation talking amongst themselves they came to the final conclusion you need a new engine,.

to make a long story short the found me a new engine at an unbelievable price straight from GM crate and when the mechanic was pulling it he noticed the oil pressure cable had been spliced and disconnected from the BCM so therefore no lights would come on to warn you there was no pressure, Why would the mechanic bother to tell me that, most mechanics would have just continued on and put the new engine in, because of His actions I sued the Dealer that sold it to me and won enough for the engine job and some upgrades.

So unfortunately you had a bad experience and I fortunately had a great one, plus the mechanic made me a deal and cut the labor down on his own and charged me straight time rather than GM book time.

Carter GM Burnaby is the best place to have service, I got amazing treatment.....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts