GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've got a problem with my 02 sensonr, fuel pressure regulator, and the catylitic converter or muffler. I have called chevrolet and they could not even tell me if this is covered under the 8 year 80,000 mile warranty. My truck is 04 trailblazer 4x4 72k miles. Do any of you out there know? I have also called service advisor after service advisor and they couldn't tell me, these parts are all listed under emisions related warranty parts in my warranty booklet, but I don't know if it is covered or not. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
279 Posts
what is wrong with them?

·
Registered
25 Posts
your Money ahead if youll take your truck to your dealer. They will charge you a minimum check out charge that applyes to the repairs if you decide to have them fix it. If auto zone or some other parts store read your trouble codes.Thats ALL you got! There very well may be somthing else going on with your engine that in turn is causing your problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
o2 sensor, catylitic converter

Well I suspect the O2 sensor is bad because I got a code for o2 sensor bank 1. And I used to get about 380 miles out of a tank, now I'm getting about 190 miles out of a whole tank. That's almost a 50% drop and the price of fuel makes me want to bite the bullet and replace it. I've also got a really bad rattle coming from the muffler but it could be originating int the catalytic converter I think. I know the converter is covered under the warranty. I guess I'll just replace the o2 sensor and see what happens, but I suspect something else could be going on, I've also noticed alot of condensation coming from the exhaust, any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you see water or condensation out of the tail pipe then you know your catalytic converter is good. I would try go with a fuel pressure regulator first if that is stuck closed your will run rich and ruin the converter. Its hard to say what your problem is without looking or knowing the scan tool data. What was the exact code description.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts