GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious who prefers to wash their own truck or go through the drive thru to have it done?

Lifted-Chevy-Trucks.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
806 Posts
I use the pressure washer at the car washes to get most of the big crap off, then I bring the truck home and hand wash it. $2.50 every week or so isn't too bad, plus I get free cleaning supplies from my Uncle since he is a detailer. I'm really liking Mothers products right now.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
X2 on the pressure wash to get all the mud off, & then I wash it myself if I want it really clean, & go to the automatic wash when I'm lazy or in a hurry.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Never have I used a car wash for my truck, even in the winter, I guess I think that I'll do a better job by hand wash. My truck sits out in the open and I have plenty of trees around my house so I usually have to wash my truck it seems about every 2 weeks

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Hand wash truck once a week. Pressure wash under side a few times a year.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We use both hand wash and car wash.
There is a great local quick lub. service with one of the best car wash facility that I have ever used.

I just have to remember to take off the hitch cover before entering!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Normally i hand wash once a month, and pressure wash ( spray off ) as needed between hand washes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ALWAYS thru the drive thru...I'm too lazy to do it myself and its only $3!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I hand wash mine, but I really need to get in and do a real good wash and wax. Plus the truck doesnt fit through most the drive thrus. pressure wash the underside every now and then.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hand-washing takes too long! I use a carwashing place that will not only clean and dry the outside but also clean the inside.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Hand wash once a week, if not more. Only time I go to the power wash is when I have been off roading.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do agree that you CAN get a better wash doing it by hand and then using the power washer to do a deep clean. However, for $3 to $5 and unlimited vacuums with these car washes that are popping-up all over town ... that's hard to beat the price. Many of them are brushless or soft-brush and they have guys that towel dry in some and then will detail for an extra fee.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have my own pressure washer at home, so I guess I could say that I do both pressure wash and hand wash. I usually wash every two weeks.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I always hand wash, and I spend around 4-5 hrs. washing, waxing, vacuuming and detailing every time. You might say I'm a little OCD when it comes to having a clean truck lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have my own pressure washer but still soap it up by hand and pressure it off followed by a good waxing in summer, But in winter i go to the local car wash to get the salt hosed off!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I use both. I usually wash the truck twice a week. There is a touch less car wash that does a good job so I use that but when I have time and it's a nice day out I will wash it by hand. It takes a long time to wash it by hand though, at least 2 hours to get the job done. Wax it twice a year with mother's 3 step wax.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I also have my own pressure washer. I pretty much wash when it gets dirty, so usually once a week. I buff in the spring and fall. well let me be more specific i use my hand buffer (circular style not orbital) and wax. then i hand wax once a month or so. During the winter i take it to a do it yourself place and get rid of the salt... Even thought it is a PITA to keep it clean it seems before i get home in the winter it is just as dirty...

·
Registered
216 Posts
I was mine once or more a week and quick wax once a month. I do it all by hand I don't trust anyone else. Just a to wash it polish my wheels and clean it out takes about 5-6 hours. I am OCD when it comes to my truck. I do the engine bay, wheel wells, under carriage, the inside of my wheels ect... I dry it off with a shammy too, Then come all the plastic that I have to hit up with a protectant lol and the tires. Vaccum, windows, dust the vents ect... Yall see how I am lol

1 - 20 of 82 Posts