GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke down this past sunday and buffed the ENTIRE vehicle even the roof with No7 polishing compound then went over it with 2 coats of wax with 4 coats in areas where more protection is needed.

Then tried to go to bed last night Oh man I ache in places I didnt even know couls ache LOL!

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Yeah, a Suburban is like waxing and polishing a small bus! It will pay off as it looks good over the next few months with a good shine.

G

·
0 Posts
Hey Doc, Has it rained where you are yet?
That's how my luck works. It's sunny, and 80deg, and I drive into the automatic car wash, and as I drive out, it starts raining. :lol: :lol:

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I washed all of my vehilces at the local car wash last week ... then it rained just enough to get them dirty.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TrailLeadr said:
Hey Doc, Has it rained where you are yet?
That's how my luck works. It's sunny, and 80deg, and I drive into the automatic car wash, and as I drive out, it starts raining. :lol: :lol:
LOL

No not yet I did all this just after a rain so I figured I would be good to go.

Yesterday I armore alled the beast from stem to stern including trim and door mouldings.

Yeah I know Im a glutton for punishment :lol:

It looks great now if I can keep it this way all summer

G

·
0 Posts
That's a lot of work! I wish I had the time. I wouldn't be a bit suprised it I went out and found that my 'burban went on strike, and refused to run anymore until it got a bath....lol :lol:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Its getting to be time for that kind of thing, I usually go over mine once with the Griots paint clay, it grabs all the little pieces of "misc junk" off the paint so that the wax goes on like glass. Never heard of it before a buddy of mine started getting me into that Griots catalog.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes Patrick that is the right link, Some of the stuff is a little spendy but the starter kit is great and they have some pretty unique shop accesories that are very cool. The actual detailing products are pretty good quality in my opinion, I have been using this stuff now for about 5 years and been really happy with it.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Huh, I've never heard of that before. It works well? I might have to look into that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts