GM Truck Club Forum banner

Weird power window concern 2008 Colorado

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  n3zrx 
#1 ·
Hello, After surfing through all the threads, I couldn't find a single concern like mine.
I'll just tell you what it does and doesn't do and hope someone has experienced and fixed the same problem.

At the beginning of each day, I can roll down both fronts windows to clear the dew and then roll them back up.
After this first time, although the drivers side window continues to operate properly, the pass. side window will not come down again from the drivers side switch until it sits all night and I begin the next day.
Bear in mind, The passenger switch will work the passenger window every time but if I roll the window down via pass side switch, I can roll the pass side window up every time with the drivers side switch, but, the driver's side switch will not roll the pass side window doesn't again until the next morning.
Thanks for any insight I can get,
Dellis

#4 ·
Dirty contacts can act strange sometimes.
A little moisture can make them work, they dry out and won't conduct.
You could also have a broken wire in the door bundle. These wires flex from the opening/closing and will break inside the insulation.
Cold they touch, move the door and they open

What I don't know, is when the Colorado's got Drivers Door Control Modules?
If you have DDCMs in your doors, the contacts are probably sealed and you may have to replace the module.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.