GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note to say welcome to Parma Ohio. Home of the best, imo, perogies and yeah..That guy. Drew Carey too! We wont talk about that though!
Well, Short story on me and the truck. The wife and I are finally expecting our first child so out of the Fiero world I went and into the family vehicle life! Now not being one to settle on a mini van... I thought the Suburban would be a nice touch! So with a tear in my eye I traded a nice guy from the Columbus area for his 1989 Suburban. She might not be as pretty as the car, But after driving 200 miles home, she is starting to repair the hole in the heart!
As she is right now she will be needing two new driver side doors. (cant get them to release from the inside) Both rear quarter panels.(a lot of material gone from the slat on the roads!) I am thinking a tailgate.(It is all there but it looks to have a of rust issues! ) And Paint!(Who told these kids these days that black primer looks cool!)
The good part is she has an 1985 4bolt 350 that is tight. A rebuilt tranny and transfer case. A 6 inch lift(springs and shocks) 35 inch Thornbird TSL's in nice shape. Brakes seem good! There seems to be a popping noise out of the rear when I shift out of park. Maybe a U-joint. Hopefully a u-joint! Please be a U-joint!
Well, I have taken enough time up for now. I am sure I will be picking you brains in the near future. So for now, Welcome to all!
Thomas

·
Registered
533 Posts
:sign0016: to the forums ! and Congrats on your first child ! it's a whole new ball game when the child comes .. :)

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Welcome Aboard

You got rid of the Fiero, that’s sacrilege. Buying the truck is cool but to get rid of a Fiero, bad man.

Just kidding.

The door problem can be loose hinge pins, release rod disconnected or misaligned.

Some one here has a great and cheap site for repair panels I just can’t think of it right now.

Popping noise can be something as simple as brakes binding, a common problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If only tonight weren't Halloween!

I would be under the truck all evening! I have that nervous tick about me! Get a new toy and you have to take everything apart and see how it works or why it doesn't!
Thanks for the warm welcome! The first kid is scaring us pretty good, but I come from a family of 10 kids. So I have a pretty good group of babysitters already!
I have to fiix the dash lights when I get home tonight for sure! 200 miles at night with no dash lights was a little bit of a pain! Thank god I carry a led pen light! Batteries lasted almost until I pulled into the drive!
Oh and Fiero! Dont worry! It is a boy and I am sure I will pass on the Fiero Fever to him as well! I have had at least 10 so far so I may have enough parts in the garage to build a new one! I am sure you know what I mean!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I would be under the truck all evening! I have that nervous tick about me! Get a new toy and you have to take everything apart and see how it works or why it doesn't!
Thanks for the warm welcome! The first kid is scaring us pretty good, but I come from a family of 10 kids. So I have a pretty good group of babysitters already!
I have to fiix the dash lights when I get home tonight for sure! 200 miles at night with no dash lights was a little bit of a pain! Thank god I carry a led pen light! Batteries lasted almost until I pulled into the drive!
Oh and Fiero! Dont worry! It is a boy and I am sure I will pass on the Fiero Fever to him as well! I have had at least 10 so far so I may have enough parts in the garage to build a new one! I am sure you know what I mean!

Wow, 10 kids?

Welcome to the site, I think we've all had to let a vehicle go with a tear in our eye, but you've got a new toy now, just have to treat her right and she's treat you right too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts